Great Lakes Library Service has over 100 volunteers at Forster and across its four branches at Nabiac, Stroud, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens.
Volunteers help to:
- maintain the library collection;
- improve library presentation;
- support staff in daily procedures;
- promote access to library services;
- enhance the friendly atmosphere;
- bring together the library and the community it serves.
Various roles include:
Some duties include:
- Shelver (Forster or Tea Gardens);
- Library Aide (Forster);
- Delivery (Home Library Services);
- Branch Assistant (Stroud, Nabiac or Bulahdelah).
- genealogy help;
- internet help;
- storytime craft preparation;
Volunteers like to help in the library because of an interest in:
- meeting people;
- assisting people;
- participating in training programs;
- learning new skills;
- helping out in their local community.
If interested in volunteering at Great Lakes Library Service, an introductory package is available at Forster library and all branches.
Great Lakes Library Service
Phone: 02 6591 7256
Fax: 02 6591 7373
Last Updated: 23/07/2012