Great Lakes Library Service has over 100 volunteers at Forster and across its four branches at Nabiac, Stroud, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens.
Volunteers help to:
- maintain the library collection;
- improve library presentation;
- support staff in daily procedures;
- promote access to library services;
- enhance the friendly atmosphere;
- bring together the library and the community it serves.
Various roles include:
Some duties include:
- Shelver (Forster or Tea Gardens);
- Library Aide (Forster);
- Delivery (Home Library Services);
- Branch Assistant (Stroud, Nabiac or Bulahdelah).
- genealogy help;
- internet help;
- storytime craft preparation;
Volunteers like to help in the library because of an interest in:
- meeting people;
- assisting people;
- participating in training programs;
- learning new skills;
- helping out in their local community.
If interested in volunteering at Great Lakes Library Service, an introductory package is available at Forster library and all branches.