Ageing, Disability and Carers Services
Home and Community Care (HACC) & Disability Services
Great Lakes Council's HACC & Disability Services team works to provide older members of our community and those people living with a disability, with support services and programs, useful information and improved access to relevant service providers and government agencies.
Offering a range of 8 different services for frail, older people and people with a disability and their carers, Great Lakes Council's HACC & Disability Services assist and support people to both continue living at home and accessing their community as independently as possible, thereby preventing inappropriate or premature placement into residential care. Services also include supporting carers in their caring role. The 8 Great Lakes HACC & Disability Services are:
- Great Lakes Centre Based Respite Service
- Great Lakes Community Options Projects
- Great Lakes Leisure and Respite Options
- Great Lakes Neighbour Aid
- Hawks Nest Tea Gardens Neighbour Aid
- Hawks Nest Tea Gardens Centre Based Respite Service
- Manning Community Options Project
- Stroud Area HACC Program
Different services are available at various centres throughout the Great Lakes Council area:
- Hawks Nest
- Tea Gardens
Leisure and Respite Options
- This service provides occasional, short-term, planned respite for families who care for a person with a disability.
Great Lakes Manning Community Options
- Information on Communitiy Options, a Service that aims to help frail older and people of all ages with a disability to stay living in their own home.
Last Updated: 23/07/2012