Council adopted the Great Lakes Council Bike Plan in November 2010. The Plan outlines the direction Council will take to encourage additional cycling trips in the Great Lakes region.
Actions from the Plan include:-
- Adopt the proposed cycleway network and list of priorities
- Promote safe cycling through education programmes
- Produce a system of wayfinding and route mapping
- Incorporate cycle facilities within all planning instruments to improve the cycling network
- Promote and support local cycle events and cycle related tourism.
Download a copy of the Great Lakes Council Bike Plan
Cycle and Walking Maps
Council has produced a Cycling Map and a Walking Map of the Forster - Tuncurry area.
Council is establishing a wayfinding system along key cycle and walking routes. Signage is being installed to provide direction along safe routes and highlight the relatively short distances between key locations.